Top 10 things to do in London
For our Top 10 things to do, today we visit the City of London.
It is one of the most cosmopolitan and dynamic capitals in the world, the City got it to be a major international economic center, where traders from Europe and the world meet.
London is a city full of history and attractions that will give to its visitors the opportunity to experience great experiences.
Here, without further ado, our Top 10 things to do in London :
Take height :We suggest you to start this Top 10 with a viewpoint overlooking the entire city of London.
There, you can see the many places of interest that you have chosen to visit, and will give you the opportunity to admire the city as we do in photos and movies.
To do this, you can take a ticket and take a ride on the London Eye, a wheel that previously allowed you to have the highest view of London.
Now to for the highest point you have The View from The Shard, which will allow you to have an incredible view over 64km.
Shopping in London :To do this you will have neighborhoods and streets which will each have their own theme, we note :
- -Oxford Street for the many clothing stores, there you will find the largest stores of the city.
- -Bond Street is dedicated to luxury, art and jewelry. You will find all the high fashion and jewelry houses of the city, there we find the richest of London.
- -Regent Street brings together many visitors, present for its various shops, cafes and gourmet restaurants, but also for its architecture.
- -King’s Road has various trendy addresses, fashion boutiques, antique dealers, pubs and cafés.
- -Camden Town is the London district that has best captured the imagination of tourists and visitors, thanks to its market and its unique atmosphere.
Enjoy a stroll along the Thames :You will be able to take a trip along the river to admire many emblematic monuments of London, such as the London Eye, the Globe Theater or the Tower Bridge. Much like the quays of Paris, you can take a moment to have a drink or picnic there while enjoying the calming view of the waters of the Thames.
Harry Potter Studios :It quickly became a must, the Harry Potter studios welcome several thousands visitors every day from all over the world.
You can discover the magical world of Harry Potter, immerse yourself in film sets, stock up on photos, souvenirs and spend your savings on goodies and treats from the world of J.K. Rowling.
Big Ben :This large clock is one of London’s most iconic landmarks, as much as the Empire State Building is for New York.
From there, you can admire the Palace of Westminster, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Tower of London :The construction of the Tower of London took place during the reign of William the Conqueror.
This monument is not to be missed, you can visit historical elements such as :
- –The Crown Jewels : this is undoubtedly the favorite attraction of visitors. It’s made of crowns, swords and scepters of inestimable value both material, historical and religious.
- –The White Tower : This is the central and oldest part of the building, it was built to accommodate the royal residence, the armory and the prison.
- –The Ravens : The Ravens are the most famous protagonists of the Tower of London. Legend has it that if the crows were to disappear, the tower would collapse along with the kingdom. In order to avoid such a catastrophe, guards protect the tower, they are called the Ravenmasters (Masters of Ravens). The latter take charge of these birds and cut off the tips of their wings to prevent them from escaping.
- –Medieval Palace : This imposing fortress was the comfortable home of royalty. In the part corresponding to the Medieval Palace, some vestiges of the furniture have been preserved and bear witness to the luxury and opulence that reigned there at that time.
- –Royal Chapel of St Peter-Ad-Vincula : Built in 1520, the Tower Chapel is the place where the bones of the most famous prisoners who were executed are kept. Today, the chapel remains the place of prayer for the 150 people who live in the tower.
Buckingham Palace :A true symbol for the royal family, it is one of the most popular palaces for visitors to England, every year in summer the palace hosts a new exhibition.
It is absolutely to be visited for the symbol that Buckingham Palace represents for England, all the stories that took place there, the tradition carried by the palace. You will also be able to see the famous ceremony of the changing of the guard and the architectural beauty of this building.
The Tate Modern :This modern art museum was a former disused power station that has been given a second life and has hosted incredible works of art, the Tate Modern is one of London’s cultural highlights.
Do not hesitate to visit it to satisfy your curiosity and your thirst for culture, we advise you to book to avoid unpleasant surprises.
The British Museum :The British Museum is one of the oldest museums in the world, located in the Bloomsbury district.
There is a collection of incredible, antique, rare works of art and the collections are divided by geographical area.
Its entrance is free so you will no longer have any excuses for not visiting a museum during your stay.
Go around London aboard the famous London Buses :It’s such a cliche in London, but it had to be talked about.
Sightseeing on London’s famous double-decker buses that travel around the city and snap photos as you go.
Now you have a great list of things to do in London, do not hesitate to visit the famous pubs, taste Fish and Chips, visit the football stadium, London is a big city full of activities and surprises.
If you need us to accompany you during your stay, from arrival to return, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to provide you with the best of our services.